Ottawa Tourism boss Michael Crockatt said $1 billion in new spending earmarked for pandemic-battered sector across Canada suggests the feds understand the economic importance of the industry.
Airport officials “weren’t expecting anything explicit” in the feds’ latest spending plan, spokesperson says.
Rising demand from individuals looking for a hedge against inflation and economic uncertainty is colliding with a supply shortage.
The flagship two-year degree program offers professionals and rising executives the opportunity to hone their skills in a variety of areas including leadership, communication and team management.
- After merging with another local company last year, Urban Life Solutions said this week it’s acquired Ottawa-based Richard’s Sweeping.
- Plus, news about other Ottawa-area executives, managers and professionals starting new positions.
- New baseball franchise's planned 2021 debut scuttled due to uncertainty over when the Canada-U.S. border will reopen.
High-tech disinfectant on wheels has officially entered service on Hydro-Québec-owned Dash 8s, with more customers to come.
Carbonbase offers an easy and rewarding way to offset your carbon footprint
- Join OBJ and Emond Harnden LLP for an in-depth discussion on vaccines in the workplace and tips for managing the return to the office.
- Business and community leaders have a profound opportunity and responsibility to rally around a vision for the future of Ottawa that will impact our city, our region and our country.
Through partnerships and innovative offerings, business owners are connecting with tourists and local residents alike
Beloved building – which has garnered a reputation as one of the largest instrument stores in Renfrew County and beyond – will soon host a cannabis shop as well.
Introducing the Eastern Ontario Business Journal Powerbook: Your guide to growth, business expansion and investment opportunities across the region
The Bright Side of Business: Fashion industry entrepreneur Stacey Martin looks to ‘scale in a big way’More than a decade after launching her clothing line, the Ottawa entrepreneur is raising capital and striking international marketing partnerships.
- O'Brien, 75, leaves a legacy of advocacy and dedication to excellence in his field
CANADA - WORLD
The Liberals are extending rent and wage programs while at the same time phasing in hiring subsidies, microgrants to help companies move online and allowances for capital investment expenditures.
Critics say the federal Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit has had poor uptake because it is more akin to the government's employment insurance program than paid sick days.
NFTs are essentially a tool that uses blockchain technology to provide proof of ownership of a digital asset.
- SPONSOREDFar too many professionals are still making common mistakes and creating barriers to communicating effectively with clients, coworkers and suppliers – as well as exhausting themselves in the process.
- Virtual edition of CHEO For the Kids Gala raises $185K to help children and youth reach full potentialEvening featured gala-in-a-box delivery, online auction and entertainment while bringing attention to pediatric hospital's development and rehabilitation program
- SPONSOREDAs the economy emerges from the shadow of the pandemic, many businesses are looking to pivot, expand and capitalize on new opportunities.
- Getit Local is challenging Uber Eats and SkipTheDishes by operating without charging local restaurants the typical 30% to 35% fee on delivery orders.
- SPONSOREDTo help local business owners support the well-being of their employees, OBJ and sponsor Meldrum Horne recently teamed up to explore new approaches to employee benefits.