The outcome of the Ottawa Municipal Election on October 24th will set the direction for business and community success. It will determine our future. The Ottawa Board of Trade is the voice of business and a key advocate for growth in our national capital with a mission to cultivate a thriving world class business community. To that end, we have launched the #BuildUpOttawa initiative; a pro-growth agenda that will create an affordable, inclusive, and sustainable city.
It is our intention to share key priorities with local candidates and engage the voting public in meaningful conversations about our future. The end game is to ensure a high turn out of informed voters to elect a city council committed to bold leadership, collaboration and a future thinking, pro-growth agenda, including:
- Build for growth. Innovative infrastructure that supports our inclusivity and environmental goals.
- Build more homes. Accessibility and affordability of homes that impacts both the market pricing of homes and families who require social support.
- Build business confidence. Moderate and pre-set tax increases to help businesses address rising costs and inspire confidence, innovation, and predictability.
- Build better health. New Campus Development at the Ottawa Hospital, a state-of-the-art healthcare facility to ensure our growing population is well served and healthy.
- Build small business. Policies and programs that directly impact businesses in the hardest hit sectors, and diverse businesses led by equity seeking populations.
There is only one way to ensure that we have local leaders that will collaborate to ensure city wide priorities propel us to a successful future in this global economy as we face many real challenges and opportunities. ACT NOW!
- Check out www.buildupottawa.ca
- Get the OBOT newsletter with the latest updates
- Learn more about what business and community leaders are saying
- Mayor’s Breakfast – September 13, 2022
- All Candidates Meet & Greet – September 23, 2022
- Learn more about candidates
- Build Up Ottawa microsite – social shareables, posters and candidate info
- Letter for Employers – to share with your employees
On October 24, 2022, we have the opportunity and responsibility to use our vote to decide who will lead Ottawa and define the future of our city.
Over the course of the municipal election, we encourage business and community leaders and residents to #BuildUpOttawa and engage candidates on their key priorities to keep Ottawa growing. Thank you for your continued support and investments in our community. And your commitment to build up Ottawa for today and future generations. Together, we will.
Yours in prosperity,
President & CEO | Ottawa Board of Trade
The Ottawa Board of Trade is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan member driven business association. We are the voice of business and key advocate for economic growth in our Nation’s Capital. Our mission is to cultivate a thriving world class business community in Ottawa by influencing economic development through leadership and partnerships. We advocate key priorities at all three levels of government and support business growth through relevant benefits and programs. Join us today!