A major Orleans shopping centre, a printing bureau and several government buildings were among the recipients of commercial real estate awards this week.
The Ottawa branch of the Building Owners and Managers Association, better known as BOMA, feted more than a dozen companies and individuals this month at the Ottawa Convention Centre.
New awards in 2012 honoured local shopping centres and the building operator of the year.
A federal boost for Ottawa’s hard-hit tourism industry could bring some sophisticated visitors to Ottawa
Ottawa’s tourism industry took a bit hit during the pandemic, but the federal government is helping some businesses and organizations get back on their feet
Meet the team bringing talent and jobs to Eastern Ontario
The OEEDC has been supporting economic development in Eastern Ontario by putting the region on the map.
“In this industry, the key to success in a great property management team is the skill, hard work and dedication given by the operators who perform their job to the best of their abilities,” said award moderator and Ottawa Chamber of Commerce vice-chair Mark Sutcliffe in a published version of his remarks.
“A successful operator reflects the fact that the properties are well-managed and all the team members are motivated to enable them all to achieve such a high standard.”
Recipients were determined from judges representing Dundee Realty Management Corp., Oxford Properties Group Inc., Apollo Management, Manulife Real Estate, Halsall Associates, SNC – Lavalin O&M and Standard Life, Real Estate Group.
Some of the recipients will go on to the BOMA Canada awards, held this year at the Museum of Civilization Sept. 12.
List of awardees
– Customer Service: Turnbull Design Consultants Ltd.
– Above & Beyond: Bee-Clean Building Maintenance
VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
– Margaret Jackson, Haworth
THE OFFICE BUILDING OF THE YEAR (TOBY) AWARD
– Under 100,000 square feet: 100 Murray St., Bentall Kennedy (Canada) LP
– 100,000 – 249,000 square feet: 215 Slater St., Morguard Investments Limited
– 250,000 – 499,999 square feet: 180 Kent Street, Minto Properties Inc.
– 500,000 – 1 Million square feet: National Printing Bureau, SNC-Lavalin O&M / Public Works Government Services Canada
– Over 1 Million square feet: Place Du Portage IV, SNC-Lavalin O&M / Public Works Government Services Canada
– Historical Building: LaSalle Academy, SNC-Lavalin O&M / Public Works
– Regional Shopping Centre: Place D’Orleans, Primaris Retail REIT
– Neighbourhood Shopping Centre: Billings Bridge Centre, 20 Vic Management Inc.
– Earth Award: Sun Life Financial Centre, Bentall Kennedy (Canada) LP
– Government Building: East Memorial Building, SNC-Lavalin O&M / Public Works Government Services Canada
– Building Operator of the Year: Pierre Aube, Brookfield Properties