Be a part of the team working for the revitalization and prosperity of the ByWard Market! The ByWard Market District Authority is looking to recruit between 5 to 9 members to take part in the Business Advisory Committee (BAC).
This opportunity allows businesses located in the area to provide feedback on behalf of the business community directly to the ByWard Market District Authority which will advocate to stakeholders on their behalf.
This is your opportunity to support the ByWard Market District Authority in revitalizing the area by advocating collaboratively on the most prominent issues facing the business community.
If you want to apply, check the recruitment process below and contact Jeanne Matthiss, Manager of Business Integration at Jeanne@bmda.ca / or firstname.lastname@example.org
The mandate of the business advisory committee:
The BAC is an Ad Hoc Committee of the Board of the Municipal Services Corporation, also known as the ByWard Market District Authority (BMDA). The BAC will act as a conduit between the BMDA Board, and the business community located within the ByWard Market District Operational Boundary.
Members of the BAC will have the following responsibilities:
- Receive market intelligence, feedback, and guidance from ByWard commercial property owners and businesses regarding marketing, communications, programming, safety, operations, and other related issues.
- Provide that information to the BMDA Board to inform decision-making and enhance the commercial environment in the ByWard Market.
- Represent the best interests of ByWard Market businesses to the BMDA Board.
- Empower the ByWard Market business community to explore and propose viable local ideas and solutions for district improvement.
- Encourage stewardship through business participation in district promotions, events, safety, and security initiatives, and through contribution to overall aesthetic and experience-based offerings.
The BAC mandate is advisory in nature, meaning that the BMDA Board will have the final decision-making authority.
Eligibility criteria to become a member:
- Be the owner/or corporation-appointed representative of a business and/or commercial property within the ByWard Market District Operational Boundary, or
- Be a commercial tenant of a property located within the ByWard Market District Operational Boundary; and
- Be at least 18 years of age,
- Not be a child, spouse/partner, family member, or directly/indirectly related to a BMDA Board member or City Council member; and
- Not be an employee of the City of Ottawa, its agencies, or corporations (or their subsidiaries).
If you are interested in joining the BAC, please provide an answer to the three following questions before October 2nd, 2023, to be sent out to Jeanne Matthiss at Jeanne@bmda.ca or email@example.com.
- What do you see as the top issue facing businesses in the ByWard Market?
- How have you been involved in the area, and how do you want to be involved?
- What do you want to help the BMDA achieve?
The applications will be reviewed by the BMDA, and candidates selected will be contacted individually.
The ByWard Market District Authority promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The ByWard Market District Authority provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. Please advise us if you require any accommodation.
You can reach out to Jeanne Matthiss, Manager of Business Integration at Jeanne@bmda.ca if you have any questions regarding the BAC or the recruitment process.
You can also reach the BMDA team through firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 613.244.4410.