Tenders are expected to close in days to rapidly replace Highway 417 crossings over Carling and Kirkwood avenues.
Work will begin in the early summer, according to the Ministry of Transportation, which is responsible for 400-series highways in Ontario. The actual replacements would take place on separate weekends in 2013.
As the contract is not finalized, no budgetary details have yet been released on the project. The main contractor will make determinations concerning subcontracts, the ministry says.
If your product’s design contributes to its value proposition, you need to protect it to stay profitable. Smart & Biggar explains why.
Ottawa’s largest fundraising campaign is here The Campaign to Create Tomorrow is an ambitious $500-million fundraising campaign, the largest in our city’s history, with a vision to help transform the
In Ottawa, other Queensway bridges put in using this technology include Island Park Drive (2007), Clyde Avenue (2008) and Carling Avenue eastbound (2011). The latter replacement was done by an Ottawa company, R.W. Tomlinson.
Highway 417 in Ottawa is a hub of construction activity this summer, with other projects including:
– Expansion between Eagleson Road and Highway 7, including high-occupancy vehicle lanes from Moodie Drive to Palladium Drive;
– Finishing up work at the Cyrville Road bridge;
– Expansion between Nicholas Street and Ottawa Road 174, which begins this summer when a contract to build piers at Hurdman Road bridge is awarded;
– Work on the Boundary Road bridge, which is east of Ottawa;
– Ongoing culvert replacements and pavement rehabilitations east of Ottawa.