Here's a quick look at some of the federal COVID-19 benefit programs and who qualifies for assistance
Association executives discuss best practices for identifying and mitigating common threats
An Ottawa-based biotech firm says orders are pouring in from across the world for its handheld device that’s designed to produce COVID-19 test results in as little as half an hour
- Guards at an Ottawa jail refused to work Tuesday morning due to the lack of COVID-19 screening of those going inside the institution, the union…
- The federal government is waiving the monthly rent paid by airport authorities to Transport Canada for the rest of the year as revenues plummet amid…
While most Ottawa kids are struggling to fill their days amid an unexpectedly extended March Break, two young entrepreneurs in Kanata are finding opportunity in the disruption and launching their…
CEO Kevin Ford said Calian “remains stable” and is still on track to reach its projected fiscal 2020 revenue targets
- While the CHEO Gala on April 1 has been canceled, the online auction is still open!
- The Businesswoman of the Year Awards have been rescheduled to September 18, 2020. The WBN looks forward to celebrating with you in the fall.
A Perth-based distillery is turning to the public to help fund its pivot from liquor to hand sanitizer to boost the supplies needed on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic
When businesses in downtown Cornwall began reeling from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, local entrepreneur Kelly Bergeron wasted no time trying to figure out ways to help support beleaguered…
The City of Ottawa’s Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee approved $150,000 of spending last week for the city’s rural wards in the year ahead
- In the latest issue of the OBJ newsmagazine, publisher Michael Curran talks about how the COVID-19 disruption will usher in a new era of doing…
- In the second video of Ottawa Business Journal's Coping with COVID-19 series, OBJ explores the employment law considerations of temporary layoffs
CANADA - WORLD
Canada's housing market could see a significant pullback this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but could rebound next year, a report by RBC says
CRGroup’s Vijay Jog offers three steps to modernize strategic management functions of the finance role.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says large and small businesses, non-profits and charities will all be eligible for a 75-per-cent subsidy on wages meant to cushion the blow from the COVID-19 pandemic