Even in the age of Google, the Book of Lists is Ottawa's most useful and valuable directory of local businesses. It contains 80+ pages of hard-to-access information on Ottawa-area companies in dozens of categories. The Book of Lists contains more than 30 lists in various business categories, providing key information on some of Ottawa's most prolific industries, organizations, people and deals.
Need a hard copy of the directory? You can purchase the printed directory and have it delivered to your home or business by clicking here.
Check out the latest edition:
Is your company missing from Book of Lists? Submit your information today.
Advertise in the 2023 Book of Lists
The Book of Lists is undeniably the best local business research tool around. (Even better than Google.) It is used by thousands of local business people to research various business categories and also source new suppliers. OBJ offers advertisers the opportunity to purchase a full-page advertisement beside their preferred business category list. (Example, a real estate brokerage can purchase a full-page advertisement beside the list of largest commercial buildings.) In doing so, you bring great attention to your company, block competitors and increase the likelihood of inbound sales inquiries. See below for a full list of categories and sections.
The 2023 Book of Lists will be published in December 2022 and promoted throughout 2023.
Advertisers are included in both the printed directory (5,000 copies) and also its digital edition, which is referenced by more than 6,000+ readers during the year. One advertising purchase can bring you a full year of value.
Fast fact: The average read time of the Book of Lists digital edition is almost 10 minutes. In total, the digital edition is read for 57,000 minutes during the year.
MAGAZINE FACTS AND FIGURES
- Contains over 30 lists in various business categories, ranging from law firms to real estate to technology to human resources
- Contains unique information that cannot be found elsewhere: sales figures, key customers and other exclusive information
- Companies are ranked by objective data such as number of employees and years in business
- 5,000 copies delivered to business decision-makers: managers, owners, professionals and executives
- Available online through digital smart edition
Who’s Who: A directory of the most important business leaders in four key economic sectors. Short bios will inform readers about the key executives at the largest companies.
Biggest Deals: The Book of Lists will include listings of the biggest deals in Ottawa, including largest federal government vendors, largest construction projects and more.
Sector Snapshot: The Book of Lists is divided into various business sectors. Sector snapshots include a brief description of recent trends as well as key economic statistics.
DIDN'T SEE YOUR LIST LAST YEAR?
List are selected based on popular demand and advertising support. If you'd like to see a particular list published this year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the available lists:
- Accounting firms
- Advertising and marketing agencies
- Aerospace companies
- Animation studios
- Architecture firms
- Audio-visual equipment dealers
- Business banks
- Business improvement areas
- Business organizations
- Business schools
- Business trainers and management consultants
- Catering companies
- Clean tech
- Commercial real estate brokers
- Coworking and serviced office spaces
- Craft breweries
- Defence & security
- Digital strategy and custom website development firms
- Employee benefits consultants
- Employment & labour law firms
- Engineering firms
- Event planners
- Events & festivals
- Executive search firms
- Family-owned businesses
- Financial planners
- Fintech firms
- Forty Under 40 recipients
- Furnished suite providers
- HR consultants
- In-home care providers
- Incubators and accelerators
- Insurance brokers
- Interior design firms
- Janitorial services
- Law firms
- Life science firms
- Live-action video production firms
- Managed service providers
- Meeting and convention spaces
- Office furniture dealers
- Office buildings
- Patent & trademark firms
- Photonics firms
- Power centres
- Private employers
- Property managers
- Public and government relation firms
- Public companies
- Residential property managers
- Residential real estate companies
- Retirement residences
- Security services firms
- Semiconductor companies
- Shopping centres
- Staffing firms
- Telecom companies
- Tourist attractions
- Translation companies
BENEFITS OF ADVERTISING
Reach thousands of key business decision-makers while they're conducting research to make purchase decisions
Year-round visibility of your message in print and online
Target your audience by placing your ad beside a specific industry list
Lock out your competitors by owning the list in your industry
Get broad market reach since the guide appeals to all industries
DON'T DELAY, LIMITED INVENTORY
Advertising in the Book of Lists is subject to availability. Do not delay. Contact email@example.com to check if you preferred category is still available.