This article is sponsored by Invest Ottawa.
You are invited to join award-winning leaders Janice McDonald ICD.D (she/her/Elle) and Clare Beckton to explore how you can help create a more inclusive tech workforce that attracts, develops, and retains more women from every walk of life.
This free, in-person, hands-on workshop at Bayview Yards, Ottawa’s innovation hub, will help cultivate leadership, creative ideas, open dialogue, and techniques you can employ to help achieve these goals.
Why attend? Global competition for top tech talent is intensifying. Prospective employees of the future will choose their employers based on how well they align with an organization’s culture and values.
- This includes the opportunity to join a highly diverse and inclusive team that fosters belonging and achieves high impact.
- Every individual, regardless of role or title, can help create a truly inclusive organization.
These dynamic workshops are targeted to all members of the tech and business community, including those building and contributing to R&D, innovation, business, and HR teams.
Join the event to:
- Better understand how to recognize bias;
- Test assumptions;
- Communicate effectively; and
- Acquire practical insight, tools, and approaches to create an inclusive team, space, and culture.
Health and safety is a top priority: Space is limited to help create a meaningful and impactful experience. Invest Ottawa has established rigorous protocols to help keep you healthy and safe.
- These include a mandatory COVID-19 screening check-in upon entrance to Bayview Yards; social distancing; and hand sanitizer distribution.
- All participants are required to wear masks when not seated for the session.
Questions? Please reach out to: CAVTalent@investottawa.ca
Invest Ottawa looks forward to welcoming you!