Now in its 25th anniversary year, Ottawa Business Journal is the leading source of business news in Canada's national capital region. Readers turn to OBJ for the business news they can't find anywhere else – unique and relevant information tailored to business owners, entrepreneurs, executives and managers. When it comes to local media, there is no better or more exclusive audience.
OBJ is a truly multimedia news organization that serves its audience how they want it. To accomplish this, OBJ operates a variety of platforms including:
- OBJ.ca, region's largest local business media website, regularly updated on weekdays for the past 22 years
- OBJToday, a Monday to Friday email newsletter that summarizes the news of the day; the newsletter launched way back in 1999
- OBJ newsmagazine, an authoritative quarterly publication released each fall, winter, spring and summer
- OBJ social media channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, totalling 40,000+ followers
- OBJ audio/video podcasts and webinars, many posted to YouTube
- OBJ events, produced in partnership with the Ottawa Board of Trade, including major awards programs such as Forty Under 40, the Best Ottawa Business Awards; annually, the events attract 6,000+ business and community leaders
Please complete this form to get immediate access to OBJ's media kit
OBJ's media kit contains detailed audience demographics and pricing information. Complete this form to generate an automatic email with a link to OBJ's media kit. Please check your inbox.
Besides great advertising options, OBJ offers an innovative content marketing program called OBJ360. In this program, clients work collaboratively with the OBJ360 team to create articles, photography, social media and sometimes video. All of this content is then shared across multiple channels to reach all of OBJ's audience. Clients use custom content to connect with OBJ's audience and accomplish their marketing goals. Clients also own all copyright to this content so it can be repurposed for months and years to come.
OBJ also produces several multimedia projects targeted at specific sectors of the local economy.
Book of Lists
Even in this age of Google, there is no better research tool for business leaders looking to understand the regional economy. Published for more than 20 years, the Book of List contains in-depth lists on 30+ business categories, presents key economic data, profiles the who's who of the business community and reveals the biggest contract wins of the year. Many loyal OBJ readers consider this printed publication and digital edition the most important of OBJ's special projects.
Publication cycle: Annual every winter
- Sponsorship of publication and sections
- Sponsorship of business category lists
- Premium advertising positions
BOMA Commercial Space Directory
Published in partnership with the Building Owners and Managers Association (Ottawa chapter), this magazine and digital edition provides a complete directory of office and commercial buildings in Ottawa. It also contains topical articles of interest to real estate professionals.
Publication cycle: Annual every January
- Premium advertising positions, such as covers
- Double-page spreads
- Display ads ranging from full page to 1/8 page positions
Techopia is a digital-first news project dedicated to startups and established players in the region's burgeoning technology sector. Techopia includes daily news reporting on OBJ.ca website, social media updates, a weekly email newsletter more than 200 video podcasts with industry leaders. Techopia is also a dedicated section in OBJ's quarterly newsmagazine.
Publication cycle: Daily on web, weekly in email and quarterly in print
- Industry exclusive sponsorships
- Digital display ads on the website
- Digital display ads in the email newsletter
- Print ads in the news magazine
Created in partnership with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (Ottawa chapter), the Giving Guide provides year long visibility to participating not-for-profits in Ottawa showcasing their mission, progress, governance and local initiatives. It is an opportunity for not-for-profits to tap into the region’s leaders who are willing to donate their time, treasure and talent.
Publication cycle: Annual every fall
- Multi-media featured profiles (registered charities only)
- Full page display ads
- Cover positions
Created in partnership with the Human Resources Professional Association (Ottawa chapter), this bi-annual insert to the OBJ highlights issues and trends that impact and affect HR specialists. Distributed to mroe than 10,000 + business through the OBJ and an addition 1,600+ HRPA (Ottawa members), this is the best way to reach human resources professionals in Ottawa.
Publication cycle: Biannual, check with email@example.com
- 1/4, 1/2, full and double-page display ads
- Sponsored content
- Ask the expert columnists
Meeting in the Capital (suspended during pandemic)
Since 2006, Meeting in the Capital (MITC) has been supporting corporate meetings and events planners by providing timely and helpful resources including our meeting and convention spaces directory, events listings, and how-to articles. This multi-media resource supports corporate meetings and event planners with exclusive content in the annual printed magazine, and on the our website.
Publication cycle: Annual every spring
- Featured sponsored content articles
- Featured meeting and event venue profiles
- Display ads ranging from double-page spreads to 1/4 page placements
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613.238.1818, option 1 and then option 1 again.