The city’s central business district remains virtually empty more than a year into the pandemic, leaving a legion of forgotten retailers searching for answers, writes Ron Corbett
Entrepreneur replaces John Malloy, who retired at the end of March after serving as the organization’s leader since it was founded in 2014.
STACS president Jocelyn Tremblay said the new investment will give his bootstrapped firm the financial backing it needs to scale up south of the border.
A return to the office and renewed opportunities for in-person collaboration are finally in sight for businesses and their employees.
- Company provides logistics support to various systems on CF-18s as part of a long-term contract with the Department of National Defence and the…
Aiming high: Hexo's $50M deal for T.O. producer next step in 'big push' to become global cannabis powerhouseHexo CEO Sebastien St-Louis said 48North’s strength in topical CBD- and THC-infused creams and ointments was a major selling point as Ottawa firm…
- Plus, news about other Ottawa-area executives, managers and professionals starting new positions.
Ottawa-based company reported revenues of $190 million for the three-month period ending March 31, down from $208.7 million a year earlier.
As Canada’s Paralympic athletes prepare for the Summer Paralympic Games, the Canadian Paralympic Committee is busy finding creative new ways to bring the competition to Canada.
- Join the Ottawa Board of Trade and Ottawa Business Journal to celebrate Ottawa's Fastest Growing Companies!
- If opportunity knocks, is your business ready to be sold? Are you properly positioned to capitalize on one of the hottest M&A environments in recent years?
Dave Virk, whose family owns and operates a supermarket in the town west of Ottawa, has purchased the deep-fried snack franchise from previous owners Brent and Linda Bistrisky.
Smiths Falls company continues to expand its eastern Ontario footprint with latest deal.
Philip Ling is using trailblazing green design and construction techniques to create a ‘show-stopper’ on the shores of the St. Lawrence Seaway.
- Seasoned copywriter and graphic designer team up as partners of new Ottawa-based creative service studio
- Iconic Ottawa chain has never forgotten where it came from even as it's grown into a nationwide discount retail leader with 259 stores and more than…
CANADA - WORLD
Aries Contracting among local firms helping to offer a brighter summer to more young people across the region.
Recreational outdoor facilities would remain closed to limit mobility and other behaviour that could contribute to the spread of the virus.
Move creates opportunities for businesses of any size to access the best designed collaborative workspace in Ottawa.
- Podcast: A fresh Forty Under 40 class, Bryden's new waste-to-energy tech, Eastern Ontario tourism investmentsWatch on YouTube or listen on Spotify, SoundCloud and other audio platforms.
- Local musician has been performing from home throughout pandemic to entertain public, support nonprofit groups.
- The growing acceptance of remote work is opening vast new talent pools for many businesses.
- Joint initiative of OBJ and the Ottawa Board of Trade is widely recognized as the region’s most sought-after business award for people under the age of 40.