Latest transaction comes just days after Kanata company closed deal to buy a Norway-based military training enterprise.
Fund will target scaling companies in knowledge-based industries with rich IP portfolios including patents, design and trade secrets and at least $1M in annual revenue.
The nine-storey development at Richmond Road and Churchill Avenue would feature commercial space on the ground floor and residential units on the eight floors above.
A team of researchers at the University of Ottawa is already experimenting with a new method for detecting future outbreaks in the National Capital Region.
- Local chain specializes in eco-friendly merchandise such as natural skin-care products and bathroom cleaners made without toxic chemicals.
- While fitness chains have beefed up their waivers, local restaurant owners say they won't be requiring customers to sign any legal forms.
The term “digital transformation” is often discussed in technical terms.
The Federal Economic Development Agency of Southern Ontario is providing loans worth a total of $11.2 million to the three Kanata-based tech companies.
Kanata video technology firm had its two best sales months ever in March and June and recently booked its biggest order yet.
- The Businesswoman of the Year Awards have been rescheduled to September 18, 2020. The WBN looks forward to celebrating with you in the fall.
- Ottawa businesses are invited to have their company seen by thousands of business leaders and purchasing managers.
'Centralizing our distribution was a key part of our growth strategy'
Feris Build Tech has developed a building envelope system made of lightweight steel and expanded polystyrene foam.
Initiative will provide up to $5,000 of non-repayable funding to Ottawa Valley businesses looking to pivot or adjust their business model during the pandemic.
- Audio version available on SoundCloud or Spotify.
- Kanata firm makes hardware and software that caters to viewers who access TV broadcasts via old-school antennas rather than cable or satellite feeds.
CANADA - WORLD
Outlook is less rosy than those the Trudeau Liberals relied on in their economic update released a week ago.
Canada-U.S. border has been closed to "discretionary" travel like vacations and shopping trips since the pandemic took hold of the continent in mid-March.
Prime minister isn't saying today how the government will reshape the eligibility rules for the program