OBJ examines how an unprecedented disruption in regular business activity will severely impact the city’s real estate sector, especially retail and office leases
An Ottawa-based high-tech company is shifting its focus to a simpler solution that could solve some common COVID-19 concerns while funding a more rapid response to the pandemic
Landlords and tenants are trying to map out a way forward that inflicts the least economic pain
CRGroup’s Vijay Jog offers three steps to modernize strategic management functions of the finance role.
- The Sens organization is implementing temporary layoffs and salary reductions due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Guards at an Ottawa jail refused to work Tuesday morning due to the lack of COVID-19 screening of those going inside the institution, the union…
An Ottawa-based biotech firm says orders are pouring in from across the world for its handheld device that’s designed to produce COVID-19 test results in as little as half an hour
An Ottawa-born pharmaceutical company is teaming up with the National Research Council in a bid to develop a vaccine that will target COVID-19 as well as two other deadly coronaviruses.
- While the CHEO Gala on April 1 has been canceled, the online auction is still open!
- The Businesswoman of the Year Awards have been rescheduled to September 18, 2020. The WBN looks forward to celebrating with you in the fall.
A Perth-based distillery is turning to the public to help fund its pivot from liquor to hand sanitizer to boost the supplies needed on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic
When businesses in downtown Cornwall began reeling from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, local entrepreneur Kelly Bergeron wasted no time trying to figure out ways to help support beleaguered…
The City of Ottawa’s Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee approved $150,000 of spending last week for the city’s rural wards in the year ahead
- In the latest issue of the OBJ newsmagazine, publisher Michael Curran talks about how the COVID-19 disruption will usher in a new era of doing…
- In the second video of Ottawa Business Journal's Coping with COVID-19 series, OBJ explores the employment law considerations of temporary layoffs
CANADA - WORLD
Finance Minister Bill Morneau says imposing hard and fast rules about who can receive federal aid to weather the economic shock from COVID-19 was the only way to get the money out the door quickly
Here's a quick look at some of the federal COVID-19 benefit programs and who qualifies for assistance
With working from home now a reality for many, Stratford Managers shares practical strategies for leaders to engage and stay close with distant teams