Pumping concrete: With gyms closed, Ottawa entrepreneurs see opportunity manufacturing custom exercise gear
With many shops sold out of home exercise equipment, Garage Gym Guys is seeing rapid uptick of its custom-made concrete weights.
Participants to hear from Dare to Dream Bursary recipient on how financial support helped them to achieve dream of post-secondary school education.
Company says it will start providing service on May 20 from a new stop at the St. Laurent transit station to Toronto, Scarborough and Kingston.
Aries Contracting among local firms helping to offer a brighter summer to more young people across the region.
- Bird Canada, Lime and Neuron have won bids to deliver the two-wheeled electric vehicles in the second year of the scooter pilot.
- Ottawa to lose intercity bus connections to several cities
- SPONSOREDLocal entrepreneurs work to bring in-person experience to online store and help customers feel a personal connection with its products.
Talks to acquire unnamed company were put on hold early last year due to the pandemic.
Kanata-based company reported revenues of $138 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2021, up 33 per cent from a year earlier.
- Join the Ottawa Board of Trade and Ottawa Business Journal to celebrate Ottawa's Fastest Growing Companies!
- If opportunity knocks, is your business ready to be sold? Are you properly positioned to capitalize on one of the hottest M&A environments in recent years?
Dave Virk, whose family owns and operates a supermarket in the town west of Ottawa, has purchased the deep-fried snack franchise from previous owners Brent and Linda Bistrisky.
Smiths Falls company continues to expand its eastern Ontario footprint with latest deal.
Philip Ling is using trailblazing green design and construction techniques to create a ‘show-stopper’ on the shores of the St. Lawrence Seaway.
- Seasoned copywriter and graphic designer team up as partners of new Ottawa-based creative service studio
- Iconic Ottawa chain has never forgotten where it came from even as it's grown into a nationwide discount retail leader with 259 stores and more than…
CANADA - WORLD
Recreational outdoor facilities would remain closed to limit mobility and other behaviour that could contribute to the spread of the virus.
Move creates opportunities for businesses of any size to access the best designed collaborative workspace in Ottawa.
Paper Excellence, which acquired Catalyst Paper Corp. in 2019, will invest in Domtar's assets for long-term growth.
- Podcast: A fresh Forty Under 40 class, Bryden's new waste-to-energy tech, Eastern Ontario tourism investmentsWatch on YouTube or listen on Spotify, SoundCloud and other audio platforms.
- Local musician has been performing from home throughout pandemic to entertain public, support nonprofit groups.
- The growing acceptance of remote work is opening vast new talent pools for many businesses.
- Joint initiative of OBJ and the Ottawa Board of Trade is widely recognized as the region’s most sought-after business award for people under the age of 40.