CEO Kevin Ford said Calian “remains stable” and is still on track to reach its projected fiscal 2020 revenue targets
Businesses and employees across Canada reeling from the COVID-19 crisis are expected to hear more about the federal government's proposed wage subsidy program today
Air Canada's proposed acquisition of Transat AT Inc. likely will hinder competition and result in less choice for Canadian travellers, the Competition Bureau says
Despite the growing prevalence of mental illness in the workplace, many employees and employers are lost when it comes to understanding their rights.
- An Ottawa-based startup that makes flexible headgear for Muslim and Sikh athletes has shifted its production into making masks aimed at reducing the…
- In the latest Coping with COVID-19 video, OBJ talks with one of Ottawa’s highest-profile serial entrepreneurs about maintaining resilience in trying…
New online accessibility rules in Ontario are prompting thousands of businesses and organizations in Ottawa and across the province to rethink the…
Ottawa tech CEOs are joining their counterparts across the province in calling on the Ontario government for immediate relief to maintain the sectors’ operations through the COVID-19 disruptions
The CEO of Kanata’s Martello Technologies says the era of COVID-19 will test companies that haven’t prepared their business and their workforce for long-term stability
- While the CHEO Gala on April 1 has been canceled, the online auction is still open!
- The Businesswoman of the Year Awards have been rescheduled to September 18, 2020. The WBN looks forward to celebrating with you in the fall.
A Perth-based distillery is turning to the public to help fund its pivot from liquor to hand sanitizer to boost the supplies needed on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic
When businesses in downtown Cornwall began reeling from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, local entrepreneur Kelly Bergeron wasted no time trying to figure out ways to help support beleaguered…
The City of Ottawa’s Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee approved $150,000 of spending last week for the city’s rural wards in the year ahead
- In the latest Coping with COVID-19 video, OBJ looks at the devastating impact of the pandemic on the regional hotel industry
- In the second video of Ottawa Business Journal's Coping with COVID-19 series, OBJ explores the employment law considerations of temporary layoffs
CANADA - WORLD
Small and medium business owners and entrepreneurs got a boost from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday as he handed more out relief for companies grappling amid COVID-19
The Bank of Canada is cutting its key interest target by half a percentage point to 0.25 per cent in an unscheduled rate announcement
Netflix is lowering video quality for its subscribers in Canada as it attempts to reduce soaring demands on internet bandwidth in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic