Evolving the workplace culture for equity, diversity and inclusion – VIP session
April 4 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFull-day virtual event
Developing a safe, respectful, supportive organization for everyone
As diversity increases in the workplace, people from different backgrounds and orientations will integrate with the workplace culture and perform when they feel welcomed and included to become a part of the organizational culture.
The program is designed to help understand what equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) means and how people from different backgrounds and cultures may experience it in their daily lives.
It is acknowledged that there is no one perfect or certain approach to dealing with EDI. It is very much related to the existing leadership and organizational culture and what the organization aspires to be in meeting its goals.
The program will begin with a focus on possible systemic barriers to equity to inquiring into how every member of the team is valued as a part of an inclusive culture.
The program will be facilitated in an interactive co-inquiring manner encouraging participants to actively contribute to the learning process.
This is a one-day virtual live workshop.
By the end of this virtual workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand how current society and culture look at diversity and how EDI can respond
- Become aware of your values and biases and how they intersect with the organization’s values
- Understand how unconscious bias can impact the worldviews and perceptions of others
- Understanding strengths and areas for development
- Recognize and respond to creating more cultural diversity in the organization
- Develop cross-cultural communication skills
- Increase cultural intelligence
- What does Equity, Diversity and Inclusion mean?
- Systemic barriers for equity based on race, gender, sexuality and intergenerational challenges
- Interconnected and intersectional issues that overlap and could compound discrimination
- Increasing cultural sensitivity in the workplace – the delta between the predominant culture, other cultures – diverse people and generations
- Early cultural conditioning and recognizing and addressing implicit or unconscious bias that may lead to taking things for granted and micro-aggressio
- Emotional intelligence to recognize the implicit bias and ways to address them through mindfulness and reflection
- Mindfulness practice to go inward and transforming mental models and worldviews
- How to create a safe, secure, respectful and supportive work environment for everyone to thrive in
Who should attend this course?
Anyone working in a multicultural environment or an organization wanting to learn about self, biases and how one can work to change them.
Does this course address your competency development needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Emotional Intelligence
• Engagement and Motivation
• Impact / Influence
• Interpersonal Relations
• Management Excellence
• Relationship / Network Building
• Self Confidence / Self Esteem
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Values and Ethics
• Working with Others