Situated in the heart of downtown, the National Arts Centre is a space known for celebrating music, theatre and dance that’s also filled with character and charm that can enhance meetings, galas and other special events.
Celebrating their 50th birthday, the building underwent a dramatic facelift ahead of the Canada 150 celebrations in 2017 that give the Elgin Street facility a tasteful combination of modern and traditional design elements. Each of the new event rooms are outfitted with large windows that flood the space with natural light and provide panoramic views of Parliament Hill, making it a top choice for both corporate and private events.
On the upper level are the new event spaces including the Lantern Room, which offers soaring ceilings and exterior LED screens that reflect colourful moving pictures onto the interior space. Additionally, Le Salon on the main floor is the only room that’s kept its original design from the day the NAC first opened. With large handcrafted aluminum doors, a hexagonal shape and large skylight chandelier, Le Salon is a room rich with history and traditional flare.
“We have creative spaces for meeting magic.”
Along with its eye-catching architecture, the NAC also offers a variety of in-house services. Partnering with top-notch technical teams, they can assist with everything from video presentations to digital conference calls. The NAC also has a team of highly experienced chefs who prepare all the food in-house for catering and provide ample parking spaces in a heated garage, making it easy for guests to leave their coats in the car and dress up for the occasion.
Whether it is a daytime business meeting or a sunset wedding, the National Arts Centre ensures its events are always memorable.
Facts and figures
- 28,000: Total event space in sq. ft.
- 7,000: Largest meeting space room in sq. ft.
- 7: Number of meeting rooms
- 1,000: Theatre capacity
- 800: Reception capacity
- 600: Banquet capacity
- Available parking: Onsite
- Daily rental rate: From $2,625
- In-house catering
- Audio-visual capabilities and free high speed WiFi
- Restaurant, patio and coffee shop
- Lower rates during off-season
- Walking distance to hotels
- Modern and historical style rooms
- Corporate meetings, conferences and fundraisers
- Political presentations and panel discussions
- Large windows and natural light in every event space
- Fully heated parking garage
- Onsite catering
Read the full edition of Meeting in the Capital: